I fell in love with the idea of being the architect of your own destiny back in 2007 and 2008 when I was just waking up. I knew life had to be more than just a predetermined fate, and so I began to go down a path to being an active participant in creating my own future. That path led to sobriety, a spiritual pilgrimage, becoming a Reiki Master, life coach, and meditation teacher—although not in that order.
I wanted to take control and truly believe that each of us is an intuitive engineer of change in our world who chooses their own future. I didn't want to merely accept that we're just products of our raisin' or the environments where we grew up. I knew in my soul my existence would end far from where it began and that I have much ground to cover before my time comes. In my experience, life does get better when we—as Incubus once sang—take the wheel and steer.
To me, being the architect of your destiny is more than just a Brian Tracy quote. To become the architect of your future means you make it happen. You do the work it takes to be a success. You appreciate where you are while focusing on a future destination. You take great care in choosing the design of your life. You believe in your own limitless potential. But you also do the work to back it up!
From taking the steering wheel to designing the blueprint, you are always the one in charge. This idea should empower you.
Being the architect of your own destiny means you:
- Accept personal responsibility and always remember YOU are responsible. Take responsibility—not blame.
- Live according to Reiki's 5 precepts (Honesty, Diligence, don't worry, don't anger, and practice gratitude).
- Live in alignment with the eight limbs of yoga
- Respect that the journey of the creator is also a spiritual one
- You don't give up! You operate from a place of intention and determination.
- You accept that no one is coming to save you. It's up to you to make your dreams a reality.
- Get out of inertia and make a decision! Then stick with it. Until you evolve beyond it.
- If you can't find an opportunity, you make one.
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to be successful, healthy, happy, and prosperous. Don't accept less.
Need Help Becoming the Architect of Your Own Destiny?
That's what I'm here for! To help facilitate your journey into the happiest, most successful place you can imagine where your dreams come true and new ones can be born. I spent years wandering the spiritual path, getting sober, conquering codependency, being an atheist, finding religion, and trying so many different things!
From polarity therapy to hanging in Sedona to spa days and bungee jumping...I tried all the things one could do to sooth a tired soul. I was a big market, entertainment business party girl. I eventually tried to change the world as an idealistic social worker and journalist. But through all this, I learned tough lessons.
Change starts from within.
Love begins inside me.
When you stop waiting for someone to come save you, you glow differently.
You attract better.
You become the architect of your own destiny!
Once you're empowered with this type of spiritual knowledge, there's no stopping you!
To quote Brian Tracy:
There are no limitations to what you can do, have, or be. Except the limitations you place on yourself by your own thinking.